Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day ~ Time to swim and BBQ, Right?

Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE

As many of you know I am loud mouth, I am a Muslim, I am a student, I am husband, I am a father, I am podcaster, I am an employee. That is many hats to wear!

The one thing that you might not know is that I am also a United States Navy Veteran.

Monday is Memorial Day. The official start of summer, a day when people will gather to officially kick off summer.

The one thing that some people have forgotten is that this is also the day the day to commemorate the fallen soldiers.

It started in 1865 and was made a Federal Holiday in 1968.

I am not going to preach to much about this…my only real point here is that I saw some memes floating around the internet yesterday that I wanted to share with you as a reminder that is a day to remember our fallen veterans.

So to those that served before me and those that served with me and those the will serve after me, thank you for paying the ultimate price.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment