Thursday, June 7, 2012

An email to Cindy Pugh (@CindyforMN)...

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Carl <Carl@bcdodge.me> wrote:

Ms. Pugh,

I saw an article on you this morning in the "City Pages" (http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2012/06/cindy_pugh_somalis_garbage_bags.php) where you have compared Muslims women and children to garbage bags,
and you have also made other statements that are feeding the current rise of Islamaphobia.

I feel that some of your statements and views were made due to a lack of education on the true Islam. 

On my podcast I try to educate people on what Islam really is and what it means to be a Muslim. 
Not the things you see on CNN or Fox News, or things that are laced with culture, but what the Quran and teachings of the Prophet Mohammad have taught us.
I would like to offer you an open invitation to be on the podcast to talk about the hurtful statements you made and see if we can't bring some understand to some of these issues.

Thank you for your time, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Carl
Host of The Recovery Room Podcast   

No comments:

Post a Comment